Solved

Opportunity View Modes: Different fields possible?

• 1 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is it possible to limit which fields are shown in a given mode? I’d like to import a bunch of different fields from Salesforce that are relevant to my business unit and how we track opportunities, but they aren’t relevant at all to Sales in the general sense. It would be great if I didn’t clutter up the main views that Sales use and have my team use a specific view for our purposes that expose the fields we primarily use. I know that folks can use the Configure Columns feature to turn off fields they don’t want to see, but with hundreds of users, it’s unlikely most will do that. I was hoping to be able to filter that down before it even gets to their particular view/mode.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by lyuda.rogers 1 February 2024, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Ben Spivey Absolutely! That is one of the main reasons why people would want to have a different mode. You can select a set of fields to show under each mode layout so it’s relevant for the team that is going to be using that specific mode. This is going to be set for everyone by default at a mode level, and you won’t need to ask people to configure their columns at each user level. 

Here is more information on how to create a new mode in Field Configuration.

Badge

@Ben Spivey Absolutely! That is one of the main reasons why people would want to have a different mode. You can select a set of fields to show under each mode layout so it’s relevant for the team that is going to be using that specific mode. This is going to be set for everyone by default at a mode level, and you won’t need to ask people to configure their columns at each user level. 

Here is more information on how to create a new mode in Field Configuration.

Do all of the fields from Salesforce have to be in the Default mode, or can they exclusively be imported into a new custom mode?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Ben Spivey Yes, they can be exclusively imported into a new custom mode without having to be present in the default one.