Skip to main content

Article "Product Area" on KB articles

Sometimes I search for a KB article and its not clear until I open it up that it relates to a different topic - for instance, searching “email” in the knowledge base gives you an article titled “Additional Fields for Email and Calendar Logging” with no indication that this is a Groove article and doesnt relate to logging against Activities in an Account Mode (or anything else)

Please can you make this clearer in the titles of the articles what they actually relate to?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @ab123! If you use the new federated search across the community, then there are several features that can help you identify or even filter by product area. In the example below, I searched for “email” and as you can see in the results on the right, the search results will be tagged according to product area. You can filter down to only search across our KB articles if you want, and even select the Knowledge Base Topic (which includes our product areas) that you’re looking for in the filters on the left.

Badge +12

Hi @Kenna thank you for this

I hadn’t used the main search bar in the hopes that the one on the KB page would deliver better results.  Please can you put a note on the KB page next to the existing search bar that clarifies that there is a better search function too?  It seems odd that there are two distinct ways to search for KB articles and the one that is under the KB page is worse in terms of functionality

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We are in the process of rolling out the federated search that you experience in the community across all parts of the Clari circle. The improved search experience in the community should roll out to the Support Portal/Knowledge Base later this month!