Solved

What makes an effective QBR?

• 21 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
  • Community Manager
  • 488 replies

For those those of you whose fiscal year begins in January, the end of this month marks the end of Q2, which means QBRs are just around the corner. 🕺 #hustle

What is on the agenda for your QBR meetings, and why? How do you organize your QBRs to cover what’s most important, and what do you leave out (or leave for another time)?

icon

Best answer by Adam Jacobi 29 June 2023, 18:21

View original

4 replies

Badge

We have pivoted our whole QBR to have a focus on new logo.

That's where we need to see the growth to meet our goals. 

Expansion tends to be the easier sell, and as we run those through the same set of AE’s its often where they will focus. We do have an incredible (High 90’s) retention rate so could be blessed in this area. 

I’d love any tips on getting reps focused and understanding the importance of a new customer over growing an existing one, above & beyond the commission element at least.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Adam Jacobi! Thanks for your question.

Keeping this thread open so we can continue to crowdsource, but my tips here are to take it back to basics. Make sure that your Saved Views in Opportunities and your Dashboards are purpose-built to help reps focus on New Logo deals. Make sure they have a Saved View filtered for their Open, New Logo deals set to close this quarter at the top of their Saved Views dropdown. Build a dashboard with Top Deals Widgets and Flow Widgets that allow them to focus on their new logo deals and keep track of their movement—I would highly recommend incorporating these widgets into a 1-on-1 Dashboard for Managers and Reps so your first-line managers can easily coach reps to focus on these deals and lead by example too. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Our QBRs focus on quota attainment, pipeline changes from starting to end of quarter, and pipeline coverage for the next quarter. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Bonnie Chen , @Adam Jacobi and others: Would you be interested in us highlighting a few ways to run QBRs and other revenue review practices?