Process for Internal Account Review

• 12 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

One of our customers is rolling out a new internal account review process for out top strategic accounts. Has anyone else done this? Can you share templates, best practices, etc?

Oscar Armas-luy 3 months ago

I’ve done this! I used the Hubspot Account Planning Template as a starting point. After making a few tweaks, I sent it out as a Word doc to be completed before the account meeting. 

Once we had a few cycles under our belt and made some further tweaks in response to feedback, we built it as a custom SFDC object for year-round planning in a central place. 

My #1 piece of advice for anyone doing this for the first time is that while it’s important to understand your history with the customer and deals in flight, encourage sellers to make it all about the customer and what they’re trying to accomplish and not about what we (the seller) need from them. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

I’ve done this! I used the Hubspot Account Planning Template as a starting point. After making a few tweaks, I sent it out as a Word doc to be completed before the account meeting. 

Once we had a few cycles under our belt and made some further tweaks in response to feedback, we built it as a custom SFDC object for year-round planning in a central place. 

My #1 piece of advice for anyone doing this for the first time is that while it’s important to understand your history with the customer and deals in flight, encourage sellers to make it all about the customer and what they’re trying to accomplish and not about what we (the seller) need from them. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank you for sharing this. As an ex-HubSpot employee, I used this in the past.