Solved

Internal Sales Meetings

• 19 February 2024
  • 2 replies

How often should I meet with my sales team -- as a group and for 1 on 1s.??

What should be discussed in these meetings? What metrics should we look at?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Oscar Armas-luy 22 February 2024, 18:05

View original

2 replies

Badge

Once a week both 1 on 1s and team meeting

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi - 

It’s hard to give a good recommendation without understanding your business. Here is what I would consider:

• What are the fundamental metrics of your industry? For example - in SaaS things like win rates, average deal size, and retention rates are fundamentals of play. What are the metrics anyone that looks at a company in your industry would look at? They are worth tracking. 
  • What are the metrics that support your strategic objectives? An organization is going to have a few strategic objectives for the year. Figure out what the deeper leading indicators are for those metrics. For example - if one of your strategic objectives is more deals, you need to look at pipeline and demand gen metrics in detail to determine if you are on track to meet that objective or not. 
  • Once you have your slate of fundamental metrics and the metrics that support your strategic objectives, you are ready to put together a rough meeting format. In general, I try to think about what are the one or two aha moments I can give someone when I meet with them. If your org is big, you’ll want to meet with sales managers. If it’s small, you can probably get away with individual reps or small groups - though there’s typically great variance in whether reps are interested in data or not. I generally meet with managers once a week and reps as a group every other week. 
  • Don’t forget to leave space for feedback. I usually ask something along the lines of “what’s keeping you up at night?” or “what’s top of mind?” Even if it’s not a rev ops function, you can often learn about what is going on in the org this way and what is important. 

You may also want to look at this resource from Clari: https://pages.clari.com/revenue-cadence-playbook.html

You won’t be able to implement all of this over night - it’s a lot. But you can look at one or two things and see how you implement them, and then continue scaling up as your org matures!