Future quarter pipeline metrics

• 27 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

We’ve started using Clari to look at out quarter pipeline, specifically Q+3, using the Forecast module to show coverage and opp source information. Has anyone done anything creative with analytics or in the forecasting module to look at future quarter pipeline?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Jen,

It is fantastic that you all are starting to look at out quarter pipeline!  I wanted to call-out a thread from a similar question “Ensuring Sales is Creating Enough New Pipeline for Future Quarters”

Jessica Starr also references a video from our SVP of marketing that might be helpful:

Kyle Coleman (our SVP of Marketing) has a video talking about how he uses Clari that may be helpful. You can watch it here.

(~2:00 Kyle talks about suggested pipeline for future quarters)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Might be similar to what you’ve already, @Jen Fomby, but source and coverage are two popular ones I’ve seen/done. 

1. Pipe by Source- It’s great to build out columns to see % by each major source of pipeline to look at out qtr pipeline makeup.  Additionally, adding a filter in Trend for source and examining each is helpful to see which sources have the highest conversion rates so you can make sense of what you see and ask yourself “is this good for hitting our number or do we need more of x source?” 
3JCPe3nATcvD-gjBY9KpsT_17mnKSu1GaRewROZkTwqiGI4edW1OR2U5Neizsxj1lDQAIioAsJC8XGcKhzghjIWmreQu8zqQ4qTpAhVm9t2xsow8f36BxYVCDDsNnP1lrf8s3p2bOgLr7LzaGeVsNwXT04c8dvtyKA01PozI7DlcfUUkEW96qzUo3Xo=nw

2. Pipe by Stage (including coverage ratios)- This is another one Trend can influence.  If you see your conversion rates increase dramatically after stage 4, as an example, then it’s good to build out a view of our qtr that shows your coverage for all pipe, early stage pipe, and stage 4+ pipe.  The goal then is to coach your reps on looking at those out qtr early stage deals on a cadence (ie once a month) to see how they can progress them so that stage 4+ coverage goes up, and IDEALLY you then start each quarter with a fair amount of late stage pipe that’s ready to convert/close quickly. I don’t have a screenshot, so here’s a mockup of what I mean.  

NAME

Q+3 QUOTA

Q+3 All Pipeline

Q+3 S2+

Q+3 S4+

Eric Clapton

VP Americas

$10.5M

2.4X

$26M

2.1X

$22M