Solved

Any Quota Loading Experts Here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello All. My customer @Liz Dwan is looking for some guidance on loading quotas to Clari and after some advice from a pro! Anyone regularly loading quotas to Clari that might periodically need to be adjusted and then how do you manage the history? 

icon

Best answer by MikeAdams 27 July 2022, 18:50

View original

4 replies

@MiteshSedani 

@alexdyson 

Do y'all have any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I believe you can’t see historical quotas in Clari – that is, once you change someone’s quota, you can’t see what their old quotas were. Similarly, if someone changes territories midyear, their annual attainment will still show their old territory, even if you want them to “start over”.

We’ve dealt with this multiple times at Gainsight, and one solution that works well for us is to have a Salesforce opportunity type called “Reporting Manager Correction.” We don’t pull this opportunity type as part of our standard bookings reports in Salesforce, and the field is almost exclusively used for Clari corrections. In the midyear territory change example, we might issue a Correction report that has a negative amount, so that the manager essentially starts with 0 attainment when they switch territories. 

Hope this gives you some ideas! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Depending on the update cadence of your quotas, you might be able to run an export in forecasting to capture the current quota, then update the quota and export attainment against your new quota to compare.

Here is a link to the Forecasting Export article in our knowledge base: https://clari.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005476028--Analyzing-Your-Forecasting-Export-Webinar-

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Liz Dwan - I didn’t see that were responses to this that we posted above but hopefully something that might help here!