Why Customer Success & Account Management Should Have Clari

• 10 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Customer Success 🤝 Clari

Listen to any earnings call and you’ll hear the same message - we’ve increased our churn budget this year and we’re doubling down on efforts to grow our existing customer base.

With all eyes on the Customer Success and Account Management teams… I’m hoping that you’re giving them more than a spreadsheet 😬

Do you need convincing?

Let’s say you’re a VP of CS and in Q1 you have 1013 customers and 23M ARR up for renewal across 23 reps.

Your churn budget is 15% and the NRR pledged to the board is 116%.

Where do you focus your time?

Since you have the same hours in the day as anyone else… you’ll get the most bang for your buck by focusing on your biggest at risk accounts and growth opportunities.

The problem? Your customer data is scattered across Salesforce, your Customer Success Platform (CSP), and Tableau 🤢

Here’s a couple of ways I would use Clari to bring my stress levels down in less than 5 minutes:

1. Group by Q1 Renewals and Filter by Red Account Health in my Enterprise segment. (*Pin to Dashboard*)

2. Remove the Account Health filter and apply Champion Turnover Risk. Using the Relationships tab within Insights, see what our relationship is with the Executive Buyer & flag any risks.

3. Keep Executive Buyer and add Expansion Potential filter which includes the whitespace opportunity that has been vetted by the entire Customer team - the Account Manager, CSM, and Sales Engineer. Share with my Account Development Leader.

It’s one thing to have data - it’s another to be able to both manipulate & action on it in real time. That's the beautiful thing about Clari.

Clari isn’t just a need to have for sales - it’s a need to have for CS, too. 😘

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Love all these great ideas of fields to group by to really dig into your business!

Badge

@Anusha Purkis @Karen Brown @Gary Prince this would be an excellent use case for our CS!