Blog

I am in the trenches with our customers

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

When it comes to our customers, I’m with them, in the trenches every day.  It’s a passion.

It’s the most important part of my work as CEO.

- Our customers (generally CROs & CEOs) deal with the biggest problem in the company – Revenue Leak.  It’s a $2T concern, I feel their pain.

- We solve problems together, making a meaningful difference in their companies  – creating, converting and closing more pipeline.

- We innovate together. Some of our best innovations have come from listening carefully to our customer’s needs.  They are at the root of our innovations.

If I’m not an active part of these conversations, I’ll miss critical business-building information.

This is not bullshit by the way. We dotted line to the customer.  It’s the job.

And when they win, we win!.

Some tips…

1.  Look ahead, book meetings, get a mix: Always ensure that your week is covering 3-5 customer calls (minimum) per week, across different segments and geos.

2. Put your product manager hat on: How is your team building new solutions?

When I dive into internal meetings and I hear from the Product teams, upcoming releases, new ideas and roadmap – I bring the voice of the customer with me to ensure they nail what customers need.

That’s how you unleash the power of relentless customer focus.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Thanks for this post Andy - agree it is critical not just for the CEO, but for all employees to stay in touch with their customers. 

What is your advice for Rev Ops folks who want to be more customer-centric but aren’t part of a culture that encourages our teams to get involved in customer calls or engagements?