Copilot (formerly Wingman): Battlecard Best Practices

• 15 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

One of the best features Copilot (formerly Wingman) offers is the capacity to show Battlecards when certain words or triggers are identified while on a call. These proactive automated coaching cards help ensure your reps have the best possible messaging when important topics or competitors are noted. 

When it comes to best practices for Battlecards, I have a few suggestions to help your reps get the most out of this powerful feature. 

• Keep it simple

• Less is more when it comes to Battlecards

• The goal is for a rep to quickly, at a glance, understand the most relevant points to the topic

• Bullet points go a long way

• Try to limit the text to 600 characters or less

• Add Links to Documentation

• When applicable, always add links to relevant content that can be sent to prospects or customers 

• Add links as opposed to rewriting major points from the associated documentation — This can also support keeping the cards short and sweet

• Specific Battlecards are best

• If possible, ensure battlecards are oriented to specific terms to provide the most pointed and helpful response 

• If battlecards are at too high a level, their usefulness can be hindered

• Keep them up to date

• Be sure to work with your content teams to keep cards up to date with the latest and greatest information

• Use data from your Copilot (formerly Wingman) Dashboards to understand when and where topics are coming up and ensure that cards are addressing the core components of the questions that customers and prospects are asking

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have another quick tip, tell your reps what battlecards you’ve created. I know it seems obvious, but tell them that they can use battlecards rather than having tabs and tabs of notes open!

If I know which cards are set up, its always neat to work specific trigger words into my conversation knowing that when I say it, the battlecard will appear. That saves me the effort of opening the tabs or keeping windows open, or worse, having to search while on the call.

“Oh, so you have a question on BATTLECARDS?” - Wingman pops up the battlecard with notes, links and talking points automatically. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Don’t let the name ‘Battlecards’ limit your creativity. Often used in sales-related calls but equally helpful for other revenue teams. Want your CSMs to be equipped on how to handle questions on how does ‘x change’ impact your software? Or want your marketing team to feel equipped when asked how your solution can be applied to marketing? A battlecard with links/resources just may be the answer :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Love this callout for battlecards, @David Ogborn. Our resident Wingman SME (and fellow CSM) @Vinay Srinivas definitely didn’t miss his chance to share how reps can leverage battlecards to have better customer conversations in the Wingman for Reps webinar that he hosted a couple months back. 

The recording (with more great tips on for reps on how Wingman can help them speed up onboarding, have better customer conversations, and learn from past calls and track performance) can be found here!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

And now with the new feature rollout, you can assign common battlecards to multiple teams and make the whole learning process more collaborative. Think of scenarios where the “New Product Feature” battlecard category has to be leveraged by both your Sales and Customer Success teams.