“We hit a snag.”

• 20 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I couldn’t believe it. My hands clenched into a ball of frustration as my mind tried to soothe the everlasting migraine known as Salesforce Opportunity Management. 

“It’s okay, just try a different field to update” I thought.

My eyes darted to the top right of my computer screen - 6:13 pm. I’m starving, didn’t get to exercise, and worst of all, I’m missing the season finale of The Voice.

My virtual yoga teacher’s words echoed, “Breathe in, breathe out.” I found another field to update, made a prayer to Matthew McConaughey (please Mr. McConaughey, I am Team Earth), and clicked “save.”

“Please review the following fields…”

SON OF A -

—------------------

That was my life before Clari.

Hello Clari Community! My name is BK and I am an Account Executive at Clari, here to give you the three reasons why reps even need Clari.

1. It’s so easy to update CRM fields.

I’ve never known a rep who enjoys opening a new SFDC tab for each opportunity, waiting 10 minutes for each page to load, and stumbling through all of the vague directions from validation rules (see story above).

With Clari, I have all the fields for all of my opportunities at my fingertips. And better yet, I can see what I recently changed and if it was a good, bad, or neutral change.

7eGt0J19vA0rYZDAsxXc0yHj9a_wPwRFSMODuhOw7X3bimw9wga6CZi_7ID7Br7g3c2limyj5qgzHqW4F4KFoVAdQ-bajxz28z3aoXIKfr2yW6PhNCzK-Hzr64hY3FU4_1Eq-bbl07-lx1QzZAN93jzPEJ0FzE63G6cGlD0kAt7fUDaEb-jDOnWj_L3mWw

I can double click into any of the editable fields and update the value - for example, Deal Upside:

Hjnw0rhlX7-bIFulszc3Pe1YgyA_oYRfxOrdB48RppYFZdsUrZQmfbJ41Flm7uAb3KJZMMbrChdn4lM60OIQ7aiFWSO2bqsEb3NVYS7SF4eKFNqHH9o6AknyJgHzwAIfsAaQCQOQbow-7clOMbcsSAdJCQa9FjR5aLRP1HkndXwzMgYrnwyu_9xLhjdTZA

And validation rules are precisely listed so that I can update the correct field on my first try.

wCEVfQHC2MKsTCIo6Y1N_T37wYjj-qt3bIVnEoZRpTpX7M18O9lOgsLs4JtpQygw4yCQfgvTWv5nonlmA6gzoetpawziWcorzudRT5Ly3D93Q9QMThhQVwbZI6nAWE7fOFI5eXI7Zl4eZfp87u1gFl_euP4CT_il0fJL3ooel7q9NE9eV0PGvXHR8nPkKw

1. I have everything I need to be the CEO of my own territory.

Clari brings all the information I need into one platform, one single pane of glass. My notes, my SDR’s notes, my SE’s notes, my manager’s call, call recordings - everything I need to know.

This is what my browser tabs would look like without Clari:

Q1nnwq12RO0ZDzqkrFjoNFp13kjJIZ8TRvs1cOeB_GFJMJprWdV-OQ_HItSJ6MGd0vn1Uv_SHlXBBOmTvC3C8G5z6oIFbkxuRiRMj8Du6Dof_unbmC4O6QB4RqMix4g1kg2TrR_3PU9qYFw3KQeEkm3CnRzsqX2bRc-7EHlm2YvNiF0U9v9O4RukFQNAQA

This is what my browser tabs currently look like with Clari:

M3BJidQJRDr3qO2xlxVlPEY0UzJZj7Vy9L9skKNZol0JjiZtJIIbNwibUzfbsLSX-Ve_u5WjkJs3CCL-yyfq8AbCGb_oJYgKpC0CZBTjl1nf4Pn4d57N6XUVkqtOv8Hsux2WiG_N7hzSIKfPhkWORfDdlbqIbT6QLKr4V2cATj0-n2KVHg8FGaH-eA35Sw

And as a bonus, with Clari’s Autocapture module, new contacts I meet with are automatically captured and inputted into Salesforce. Since Autocapture is also tracking my SDR’s meetings, I don’t think I’ve ever had to manually add a contact with Clari.

Believe me, the time saved is incredible.

1. It’s so easy to submit an accurate forecast.

In Clari’s Forecasting module, my opportunities all roll up automatically to the corresponding column. For example, if I select the “Commit” box, I see all my opportunities that I marked as “Commit” back in the Opp Grid. I see the total $4,509,000, double click into the “Commit” box, and copy that number.

pPbVt-8GKtvuSgbWC0KPkq_j6g-ZsuxZKeoO-3qACVZGX7d6EihDH88CNxBwGlwr_bB5OJMH0rG9oanCJFvTyVoqw4QS7b118uYVKa2yPEtDF-mA9N1SpBRnSynIa9yFOeNndnuMfUkES-fE_5cVxVilkvb6Js52lw250KZQyfJmL8v0J1o195xSNou8IA

Gone are the days of frantic emails, texts, and meetings with your manager. No more calculations on your phone or inputting numbers into a spreadsheet. I don’t think I’ve spent more than five minutes a week on submitting a forecast.

—------------------

So in all honesty, whenever I hear the question “Do you even need Clari?”, what I really hear is:

“Do you even need to close more deals, spend time with the people you love, and live a happier life?”

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to answer that.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

+1 @bkskim -- I’ll add too, being able to do all of this on the Clari Mobile app is also such a lifesaver/timesaver, esepcially when I’m on the go. More time to sell! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Oh I know that Salesforce pain too well!  

I love the sentiment of being the CEO of your territory.  In addition to simplifying your view, Clari is really nimble for reps wanting to group and chart their deals without having to build a ton of reports.  We can group by:

• All the opportunities I have with Partner A
  • My Stage 3 deals with close dates this month
  • Deals where we’re pitching this product
  • Deals I have in upside

… and so much more!  #gamechanger