Revenue leak - where is it coming from?

• 10 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

On New Year’s Eve, I noticed my heater stopped blowing warm air completely so naturally I went to the basement 🏠 where the heating unit was located and sure enough, it was partially under water 🌊 from the California storm 🌧! With my guests, we spent 2 hours bucketing gallons of water out only to have it refill in 1-2 hours 🕓. Ultimately, we had to investigate where the leak was coming from and how to prevent this in the future. 🚧

Just like your pipeline, revenue leak 💧 can come from many places but fortunately, it doesn’t have to be a guessing game and Clari has many tools/modules available to help ensure you are executing proactively to mitigate risk.

Let’s take a look at PULSEYou can start broad and just visually see if anything looks off or unusual. One thing I noticed is that between Jan 9 - Jan 22 (week 2 and week 3), the overall pipeline amount has dropped significantly. But just from this alone, I can’t get a clear picture where this leak was coming from. 

I like to look at both FLOW and WATERFALL together to zoom in and inspect this change to give me greater insight.

In Flow, after applying the right filters and scope, I selected a custom date range for the 2nd parameter using the time period in question.

I can see during this time period that ~$7.1M was slipped and ~$1.7M was closed lost. You can also click on the end state buckets and see where they came from. Did most of your slipped deals come from Best Case or even Commit?

Waterfall tells a similar story, but is visually more apparent on how your pipeline was affected:

I like to use waterfall to show me the magnitude ($) and direction (up/down) of pipeline changes (it’s basically a vector for you physics nerds). 

What are ways you are leveraging the analytics modules today to assess or prevent revenue leak?

Register for this upcoming webinar to find out more!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jparawan I definitely agree that Pulse, Flow, and Waterfall are proactive ways to analyze revenue leak. I especially love Flow because you can click on the branched out lines in between the start & end states to see the specific opps where the forecast category or stage has changed

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Don’t forget to register here to get an in depth view in assessing your own revenue leak!

@Jeff Hill , @Cameron Romine , @Christine Ma - highly recommend registering for this!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Love the workflow of this inspection @jparawan

@Tim Lancelot - when we talking about revenue workflows the other day - this is a good example to get insight on pipeline slippage. Also, recommend joining the Webinar in the thread 👆🏾about the Revenue Leak Assessment. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Daniel Kang - FYI